Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A little of this and that~

  To say life is busy would be an understatement, It is amazing how much one can cram into one day! We are embarking on a new school year for my trio! V will be a kindergartner, S & K will be in 1st grade and I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around it all.  They will be switching to school on base, sadly switching after school care after 2 years with an amazing place off base but good friends are hard to come by and I know they will remain in our lives.  I have been blessed with a pretty fantastic job on base at the military medical clinic in flight medicine and I LOVE IT!  I come to work smiling and I leave smiling which is such a blessing, it is the type of blessing I have spent a few years praying for and in God's timing he provides.
 
  This summer we have been experiencing a little bit more to what New Mexico has to offer!  The kids and I love Bottomless lake, now despite a pretty serious injury I had July 4th weekend-complete with emergency surgery I STILL love it there!  That weekend was hazy looking back but again, God somehow took care of the small details for me.  A very long and detailed story short, I was surrounded by true friends, and my neighbor/friend Maricela literally was my rock that day and the days that followed.  My little girls stayed with some amazing new friends that I made, and I can truly say were so selfless in their efforts to care for my littles while Jason was coming home from a trip that turned short as a result of my klutzy self! And my boy spent the night with Maricela's husband and son!  The kids ended up having a blast and were kept somewhat blissfully unaware of the events that transpired.  Which was again, a blessing...In so many ways.
 
  As parents we like to think we can do everything, but when life throws us curve balls we are reminded that we cannot, that there are times we rely on those when you least expect it.  Like I said earlier, the events of that day were hazy at best and I was very out of it but from what I was told, I was very lucky to have been surrounded by my guardian angels that day...I will be forever grateful for those special people in my life.  It is amazing how life shows you a different way to look at things, just by a couple of differences.  A different spin than you ever thought possible but again makes you remember to have faith...Faith is real and true, you just have to believe it!

After several months of not blogging I have missed it, I have missed sharing my musings if you will...It helps me, and gives me an outlet of sorts.  I want to share my blessings, my life events of all types and get back to sharing what life is like with Twins Plus One!  As we finish up the rest of our summer with a quick visit to see my family next weekend filled with lots of swimming, catching up with my family and friends and just relaxing before school starts for both them and me!

  This weekend we have plans of swimming on base, BBQ's, church, and I am hoping for some down time in the form of an afternoon nap or a long session of Netflix and popcorn with my little family!

  What do you all do for down time?  It is supposed to be well over 100 degrees here this weekend, so what are the plans when it is too hot?  What are some yummy weekend meals you like to cook?  I am so glad to be back in Bloggerville!

  Blessings all~
  Sarah


 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are ok!!!! And I completely agree about God sending guardian Angels when we need it most. I've been blessed with a couple over these last 6+ months! <3

    ReplyDelete