Monday, April 13, 2015

Who am I?

This question may seem an odd topic for today's musings but it is true.  Who am I?  I am a daughter, a friend, a mommy, a wife, a sister, a person who loves to read, a person who loves to do yoga my way when I am able-BUT I still feel off.  Now do not get me wrong, I love all of these things above, and my children-well that does not get much better.  They are my world, I never thought it possible to love a person/persons so much but I do.  Yes they are trying but here I sit waiting to head to work having just dropped them off at school and missing them so much I cannot even explain. 

Yet why do I feel something is missing?

I need/want/crave a hobby, something I can pour myself into that is just for me.  Sure any of the above activities I could pour myself into but I find I need something...What could it be? Since my surgery at the end of February I have been on restricted everything, I hope today those restrictions are lifted because I need to get back into shape. I need to exercise, I need to strive for that goal I have set for myself.  I guess the changing of yet another job has had me blessed on one hand and rattled on the other hand.  I am learning the coffee/barista life again but thankfully this store is family owned, they encourage family and my co-workers all are a big family.  A family I hope to be part of, I think God is putting me in these situations to prepare me for-something. 

As a real grown up adult who is about to be 35 in a few weeks, I was hoping by now I would have a career?  But honestly I feel my career is service(barista) and motherhood.  I know that someday those things will change but for now I think that is what my career is.  So I will embrace it, become more patient with my family, more patient with myself, speak more kind, love more. 

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment