Saturday, August 15, 2015

Summer is over, next chapter begins!

Greetings gang!
The summer is over, although here in New Mexico it is still 100 plus degrees!! So many things have happened since I last blogged.  I stopped blogging, I pulled away from social media and focused on my children, my husband, and my life more.  I realized that several relationships in my life needed to be put on a back burner-it felt necessary.  I no longer am chasing people in my life, and it is a very freeing feeling. 
My children are getting so big, the twins start kindergarten on Tuesday the 18th and as I sit here I am choking back a lump in my throat.  Today I took the girls to get hair cuts, S wanted a "big girl" cut and V still allowed me to help.  My son K got a faux hawk two weeks ago when he was visiting my parents, they all are making their own decisions...WOW.  The twins are not going to be in the same class, after much thought and talking with the principal we all thought it would help them be independent and each have their own teacher.  K is very reliant on sissy, so I am sure the first month will be a huge adjustment for him.  They are best friends and at times I find them snuggled in the same bed, or finishing one another's thoughts.  It is so amazing.  V is on her own feisty planet!  She is hilarious, tells outrageous stories, teases, likes to give us a run..for...our...money. YOWZA!  I am very happy V will be a student at the school I teach at starting Monday, I will not be her main teacher BUT I get to see her throughout the day, that makes my heart happy. 

J and I are so proud of the children we are raising.  It is not easy but it is without a doubt the most rewarding thing I have ever done.  Our little family of 5 is strong, so much more close than we have been in years past and I am so happy about that. 

For the first time in several years we took a very long over due vacation.  It was heavenly, J played in the National Pool Tournament in Las Vegas and my amazing parents watched our kiddos.  They took them to movies, the girls had a spa day with my mom and sisters, the kids went swimming in my parents pool every minute of every day!  It was a success!  We got to visit with family and then we went to Las Vegas with just the two of us, it was great to reconnect.  Much needed in any marriage.  We came back to real life feeling ready to conquer life full force! 
J will be busy over the next few months so I will find myself on single parent duty but I am ready, I feel prepared! 
With that I will say good night to everyone.  I will include a few pictures from the past few months and I would love if you pass along my blog to others, comment and support are amazing!

I am glad to be back gang!
S <3 p="">


 

No comments:

Post a Comment