Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Why should I blog?

Why should I blog? Does anyone really care? Are my ramblings and musings making a difference to anyone's lives?  And then I realized I do this for ME.  While my stories of my kids and our weekends may not resonate with many they do so with me, and its therapeutic to put your words out there-they become real, they become part of a larger picture.  My kids are my world, I strive to be a better version of myself for them and for me, they are the light in my dark times and the smiles when I cannot always find my own.  I realized a lot over the last week, I was in an unhappy situation and thankfully was "taken" out of it. For the reasons of privacy I will keep the exact details quiet but those that talk to me on a daily basis know the reasons, know the stories. 


This last week I have had a renewed sense of self, you see I have been part time at Plateau espresso since early spring and this place is amazing. The vibes I get from our customers and my co-workers is nothing short of magical.  I was talking with my manager about it just this morning-she's a dear friend more than a manager.  This place has helped me find my smile again, along with my trio whom are my reason. For everything.  Scarlett said to me on Monday after I picked her up, "mommy the coffee place makes you happy!" Yes honey it really does, it renews my spirit and these amazing people I work with? Nothing short of amazing.  We help one another out, we genuinely like one another and respect one another. That is paramount in any professional setting! It seems that in today's society we lack in basic human principals, manners, kindness, courtesy.  Isn't that a sad realization?  We live in a society where we cannot be happy for others be it a life style choice, change, down to a new hair cut-BE KIND-BE KIND-BE KIND! I have a dear friend who is hurting, struggling with some family news that is hard and honestly heartbreaking.  They are a very close knit family and they will be facing a deployment for a year.  Another group of amazing military members going into harms way, into a senseless war with no end in sight.  How utterly frustrating from an American point of view but also from a point of view from a person who loves this family and my friend dearly.  You see, her and I we grew apart as some friendships do-BUT recently we started texting more and confiding in one another again, this is the start of getting our friendship back on track and in the spring when she will have me, I am coming to visit and cheer her and her children up even if only for a few days.  This friend has been my "person" for almost 15 years, she was my family when I was stationed in Illinois, we have seen one another through so many things in our respective lives, birth of children, loss of family members, relationship troubles, pain, happiness, joy, you name it-she's been part of it. 


So there it is gang, I blog because I want to share my words, and if she is reading this I hope she knows that she will be well taken care of during this time of change next year. 
I blog because I hope that my words, and stories might resonate with someone else so that they might not feel so alone in this big world.  I hope that as I do this more, and contribute to my blog more that I will make a difference. 


I will also be charting my journey through Beach Body as I am working toward a healthier life style CHANGE.  NOT DIET. This is just the beginning. 


Many new things on my horizon, how things turn out we shall see-but all I can do is put one foot in front of the other, take it minute by minute and do my best. 


Love to all.
~S

1 comment: