Sunday, October 25, 2015

As we FALL into FALL!

WOW!
One year ago this week we moved to New Mexico, for our new journey, our new base, our new start.  So many things have happened in this last year, so much has been opened up in front of me and I have learned a lot about myself. 

First off we are preparing for Halloween in this house and let me tell you, EXCITED kids big time!  I have a handsome, muscular Batman, a feisty Minion-ette, and a proper Elsa queen!  I was able to get the girls costumes on Amazon instead of battling Walmart which I would rather NOT do so shopping online-WIN!  We will do some trick or treating on base, around our neighborhood and hopefully hand out candy also.  The days here are still pretty warm but the nights get rather cold quickly, its amazing how once that desert sun sets, the temperatures go way down and it is jacket time.  I am looking forward to fall and winter, I love that time of year and I love it so much I might just be putting up our Christmas tree up after Halloween! Haha! Call me a weirdo BUT I love that time of year, and I have been eyeing a fake fireplace that gives off heat and has a mantle to decorate, I want that! Bundle up on the couch watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music and being with my little family, there is nothing better than that.  We will be spending Christmas week with my family in California, it has been 10 years since we have been back so it is exciting to say the least! 

The twins are doing so great in kindergarten, Kellan got honor roll on Thursday and he also made the principles list, he was so proud and so were we.  He is turning into quite the little school lover, he loves reading and his teacher said he is the best behaved in his class.  He has not had any time outs since he started school in August!  NOT ONE!  He is the only one to have a "red clip" which I guess is a big deal, she said he is always prepared and loves to do math and reading the most.  Scarlett is in a different class, she is also doing so wonderful.  She has found a sassy side it would seem per her teacher! Haha!  She has had a few time outs since the start of school but over all she is attentive, listens well and seems to be Miss Popularity!  As we walk into school everyday she is always saying hello to someone or waving to another person.  She is our social butterfly!  And Violet-Oh Violet!  She is still our head strong and Miss Independent but is really learning a lot in her pre-k class!  Reading and letters are becoming better for her, and I think that in no time she will start reading and really finding her groove.  She switched schools for a few months but she is back at her original school and she and (we) could not be happier.  She is very outgoing, she has a little bit of my personality and a whole bunch of her OWN!  She is sassy and knows it, my mom laughs and said she is ALL SASSY.  Our violet!

My life has taken a little detour and at the moment I am riding it out, I am back at the coffee shop-My little piece of heaven-Plateau Espresso. It overlooks the entire town and it is MY HEAVEN here on earth.  It is where I have found my smile again, in a work setting, it is filled with awesome vibes, amazing customers and fantastic co-workers.  This is just what my heart needed, and it took me stepping back from my previous situation to see how unhappy I was, how I felt so out of place. Now?  I am back at it-Barista life. And looking for more professional opportunities, with a few things "brewing" on the back burner.  To be continued!

Finally, about 8 weeks ago I took my health back into my hands, I decided to purchase and really commit to the 21 Day Fix by Beach Body.  It is portion control, little to no carbs and a simple yet healthy eating plan. Who knew that being healthy could be this awesome?  The program lays everything out for you, down to a daily workout for 21 days.  My first round I lost around 10 inches in the hips area, and 4 in my abdomen area, and about 10 pounds-give or take a few!  You work out 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week and I will not lie-I was sore and still am BUT my body is getting more and more used to it.  It is NOT a diet, it is a lifestyle change, a healthy life change.  I loved it so much I joined my friend as a Beach body coach, to hopefully help those who have been on the fence like myself!  As I learn more about my health and my body I hope to help others.  To be continued on that also-but I can tell you-I am happy with my choice to join such an amazing team. And the support we give one another is nothing short of wonderful. <3 p="">
I will close for now, I have three little goblins I need to put to bed. Thank you to those who support me/us, sending me the positive vibes and prayers and the kind words-they mean more than you know.

XO
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment