Monday, January 12, 2015

Encouragement~

  Doesn't a positive word, statement, something along those lines make or break someone's day?  I have been back in the work force for a month this week.  I am still getting my footing with being the working mommy again, waking up and getting kids ready and me ready.  Out the door on time! YOWZA! I am starting to have it down to a science already, I am a perfectionist and that is the good part about this whole new adventure.  I am working in the medical billing arena in case I have not mentioned that already, it is an area that I am extremely familiar with but it has been several years since I have worked it.  I enjoy everything about Health Care, Health Care management, and a dream of someday being in a more clinical setting.  We will see what happens as my mommy schedules change someday but for now I am happy with working in my current hospital and working my way up in the company.  I will back track-encouragement is so vital!  Be it in a marriage, a friendship, a job, in any arena encouragement is so important and can make or break a person.  Literally-

  Today was a day that I would rather not live over again, I watched my co-workers be sad and discouraged, some were teary eyed and basically worn down and it was only Monday.  Sad.  It will go back to a work meeting we had last week, it was an hour of what we do wrong, what we can work on and finally what we need to be like in our office daily.  Not much communication, not so much for the interpersonal good mornings, good afternoons, and things of that nature.  We all left the meeting feeling down right beat down and thankfully I left it at the office on Friday afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed my weekend with my family and had some much needed down time.  I did not think that it would continue into Monday but sadly I was wrong. 

  I woke up this morning ready to have a wonderful week!  The kids were so good and things were off to a good start.  Things went down hill quickly.  I was told I am doing a good job BUT need to step it up, I literally feel like my brain will explode but will do my best and step it up a notch or twenty!  I am prepared!!!  I will be positive, I will not give up, this job is a step in the right direction and I will do everything with a smile but it did not make it any less sad to see my co-workers sad.  In my past experience of being a manager I always encouraged my people, I asked them to do things that I was not willing to do myself.  While in the military setting I got down and filed records, I did the crappy work.  And did it with a smile and ENCOURAGEMENT! Whether a person is in management or a worker bee-be kind, smile, and remember to treat others the way you want to be treated.  Tomorrow is a new day and I will encourage my co-workers!  I will hug them and help them and do whatever it takes because sometimes a smile is all that a person needs.  I have met some amazing people at work and at my church, I am blessed. 

  At the end of the day I may have a bit of a heavy heart BUT I am ok.  I will not lose my smile, I will always smile, I will always encourage and I will always spread love and kindness to those around me whether they deserve it or not.  Be positive, Be kind, Be real. 

  How do others out there handle work negativity?  Do you find it difficult to be positive in those types of situations? 

 Thanks for listening everyone.
Love to all~
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment