Thursday, January 15, 2015

Mommy guilt~

As I sit here after putting my kiddos to bed I am finally able to put these thoughts down.  The kids are still "awake", I decided to have a bit of a strike on cleaning and laundry the last few days.  Working/being gone from the home/awake for literally the entire day I find myself with zero energy once I am home.  I do not have any energy to devote to exercise, playing with the kids much during the week or spending time with my husband.  I have been a working mom for one month today, keeping on top of everything has been a huge juggle and we are still working on it.  Every morning I wake up at 5am-get ready, then about 6am get the babies ready, then head out the door by 715am (screaming and pissed off kids who are tired and want to stay home!)  I drive to preschool, about 25 minutes away all the while trying to get the group happy by jamming to Elton John or The Rolling Stones-we love the classics in this family!  Typically the music gets me happy but the kids, not so much.  I drop them off at school, then make the short ten minute drive to work, and start my day a little before 8am.  That is when I literally hit the ground running for 8 straight hours. 

The guilt portion has been creeping in, I will be honest in that the kids have had a tough transition through this new school, this move.  This is their 4th move since 2012, so yes we all have had lots of change.  Add in their stay at home mommy now working full time, it is different so I think they are simply acting out in certain areas/ways.  With all of the normal day to day stress that has been moving into our lives I have been finding myself more happy when I drop my kiddos off at preschool because I know they will have so much fun.  I find happiness in my new job, it is busy and crazy and I am learning so much I feel like my brain hurts but I am meeting new people and really feeling like I am a "ME" time again.  I have been a mommy since 2008 when I started the journey with the twins and then the little surprise Violet.  I have been putting me on the backburner since that time and up until now do I really feel it is ok to make the time for me.  Tomorrow after work I am going for drinks with co-workers! It has been years since this has happened-I am so stoked!

Do other mothers/parents out there feel guilty that they enjoy the time apart, and away from their little ones?  I hope that I am not a horrible mommy who really is finding it nice to have me time, to have a real conversation with my husband, to read a book for a bit, to go to my bible study.  I think that it is vital to have hobbies, things that we enjoy.  I am re-learning what I love-I love to read and am reading 2-3 books at a time.  I love to clean the house when I am not exhausted!  I am learning to love cooking healthy meals for my family, we actually enjoy eating at home over eating out.  Overall-I am learning about ME again, the working mommy/wifey.  I have 3 toddlers who are my world, my loves, but I find that having a life of my own with the other stuff is vital!

Tell me my fellow bloggers/parents...Is it ok to have a life outside being a parent?  I am struggling finding that balance and I hope that as time moves on I can find a balance between mother/wife/working/woman.  Any tips and feedback would be wonderful.

I am trying to build up my audience-support would be so great! <3 p="">Happy evening all-Be blessed-Namaste

~S

1 comment:

  1. I actually struggle to relate with stay at home moms, because I just don't understand their 'struggles' when working moms do all they do AND work outside of the home. So no, I don't think there is anything wrong with finding joy outside the home, in fact its very important in my opinion. <3

    ReplyDelete