Saturday, January 10, 2015

No I cannot do it all...

  This week was a real eye opener, more so than most lately.  I have been a stay at home mom since 2011, the end of.  Financially it made sense as I had 2 toddlers (twins) and a one year old, I would literally be working to pay for daycare so my career took a back seat to my husbands and I chose to be a wifey, mommy, and student.  It is the only life I have been used to until 3 weeks ago when I started working full time again!  My degree is in Biology, as I thought that I would be a nurse one day, I also have 17 or so years of Health Care administration experience in the military world as well as the civilian world.  I also have certifications in medical billing and coding, honestly I have used my degree in "Mommy" more.  I fix cuts and scrapes, I cook meals for 3 beautiful children, I laugh and play and make crafts for these little people that I was blessed with.  If I were to put all of this on my resume it would be about 15 pages long. 

  Back to this week, our kiddos have been in preschool for a month as we wanted to get them settled in for a week prior to my beginning work.  This has been a huge change for me, for them, for Jason, for our family.  Weekends are very sacred now more than they were before, our family time is more precious if that is possible and the little moments with our little family of 5 are priceless.  Going into my new job I was aware that it would take creative juggling, and a lot of patience but this week it really hit hard.  I cannot put my finger on why this week was so rough but man O' man it...was...brutal!  The kids had a rough week, not listening well, not sleeping well, and generally just challenging us at every turn.  My work is good, I have wonderful co-workers that I am blessed to know.  These 12 people have come into my life and have become work family rather quickly and I think it is because when one works full time we spend more time with these people than we ever really think about.  That is why it is vital to choose a job, a profession that makes you happy.  I have also realized that it is NOT about the money that makes the career/job.  Yes I would love to make 6 figures and give my family every possible thing I could but we live a frugal life and appreciate every little thing.  I would much rather have it the simple way, love the simple pleasures than any other life. 

  This week showed me that NO I cannot do it all.  I cannot keep my home in perfect shape, sparkling clean, laundry done, kids perfect and happy.  A hot meal always on the table when we get home from work every evening.  Nor can I keep things perfect, emotions run high and frustrations can set in.  This week, mine set in.  Simply put I was exhausted, even as I sit here I am exhausted.  Our day today consisted of NOTHING, we laid around and watched TV, let the kids run around and do whatever they wanted.  They ate junk food and had a blast.  It was the recharge that we all needed, tomorrow is Sunday...The kids and I have began going to a wonderful church and we are always excited the night before.  I find this place a blessing in so many ways, it has helped renew my faith in my beliefs and in myself.  At times we need a little nudge, be it in many ways. 

  As I close I am reminded that yes I wear a super-mommy cape BUT I am human and cannot do it all!  I love my kids, my husband, my family and I do my best.  That makes me real-so I will happily wear my cape and love my family. 

  As parents and others alike out there, do you ever feel that you can do it all?  That you can yet fall short and it is a tough feeling?  I know I am not the only one out there!  Blessings to my blogger family--until we meet again.

~S

1 comment:

  1. I guess sadly I've been doing so much for the last 15+ years of Motherhood, much of which has been single parenting that I do feel I can do it on my own. Sometimes so much that is easier when I have my own routine if that makes sense. You'll find your groove!

    ReplyDelete