Sunday, January 25, 2015

Faith in yourself, faith in others, faith in general.

We all have faith, be it in your God of choice or anything along those lines-FAITH is a strong subject for anyone I am sure-For me it is something that I hold on to every minute of everyday-ALWAYS.  Being in yet a new city, a new Air Force base, a new job, a new church-NEW being the operative word here I find myself once again starting over.  As any military person can attest, this can be exciting, freeing, as well as lonely, frustrating and down right exhausting.  This move was not "wanted", we left Florida after being separated from J for a year while he went to Korea without us then we were given a list to choose and we chose Florida.  Florida was a welcome reprieve after nearly ten years of Colorado winters and weather to go along with that.  Florida was fun, interesting and difficult all in many ways.  I was never able to get a good job, I worked at Starbucks that was fun and fast paced which I love but really did mourn the loss of a "career" which I had in Colorado.  about 15 months into being in Florida we were told J was re-trained after nearly 15 years in the same job and we would be coming to New Mexico after his training.  So we packed up in August of 2014 and the kids and I went and spent the summer with my mother in law in West Virginia-it was fun, a new place to explore and I had time to work on ME which is limited with 3 kiddos that are literally underfoot-All-the-time. 

New Mexico became home November 1st and thus began a new journey!  When in the military and living like a gypsy you have to have faith, laugh and smile when things get down right stressful and take it second by second.  Rounding back to the church message today, it was interesting in that the guest speaker spoke on faith in your self as well as keeping the body healthy and be faithful that you can accomplish that as well.  As of late I have felt extremely out of shape, today when I went into my closet that houses all the clothing that does not fit I felt near tears when I could not even get my jeans past my knees.  Yup I was that women today, having to wear the jeans that I wore after having 3 kids in two years-AKA: my fat lady jeans.  I knew right then and there that my lack of energy, not fitting into much of anything, eating poorly, and generally treating my body like crap had come to a head.  I left the house with the kids in tow knowing that today would begin my putting some sort of plan into place.  Something must give here-truly.  After church I took the kids to the park so J could study, enjoyed the sunshine and finally came home.  All the while thinking what could I do to start myself back on this journey of losing weight, and keeping it off as well as being HEALTHY more than anything. 

I came home got the kids settled for a few minutes and I measured all the areas of my body so that I could look back later and see my progress.  The measurements brought tears to my eyes, but I finished the task and then logged on the my teambeachbody.com website.  Put in my information and now I am off and running with this.  I will start my PIYO either tonight after the kids go to bed or in the morning at the o' dark thirty hour of 5am and do my workout then, it is only 30 minutes-I CAN DO THIS.  I am also trying to plan snacks and lunch for the next several days since the trio and I leave the house at 7am during the week and do not return until about 545pm.  Long days all around!  I will be incorporating my shakeology into my day1-2 times a day and eat snacks and a healthy dinner in between.  I have a lot of the product so I plan to use it up and try something else as the taste does not jive BUT I do like the workouts and so I will stay on board for those, as well as the feedback I get from others that are feeling less than stellar. 

Always have faith in yourself, in the fact that you can do anything.  Even if you find yourself not feeling great, start anew and never give up.  I gave up, got lazy, life happens as it does for all of us.  I am unhealthy, I am extremely overweight for my body type/frame/size, and I eat like crap which in turn has hurt my stomach coupled with all of my stomach issues I have lived with for 32 years or so now.  Overhaul must happen and it starts today. 
I have faith-will hold on to that faith and report back periodically as I continue this journey. 

Have a great night all-
Namaste~

~S

1 comment:

  1. Faith is so important!!! One day at a time my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete