Thursday, January 29, 2015

Parental involvement-on a deeper level.

I am a mommy to multiples plus one-
My twins are 5 and my "baby" is 4.  I essentially have triplets! I do everything in 3's, and I always have a little paparazzi hovering around me 24/7.  I would be lying if I said it wasn't exhausting, they still want to be entertained by my husband and I and things of that nature.  They are learning to play alone at times, but for the most part it has always been us 5. Our little family of 5!  As a military family you learn to rely on each other, because more times than not we have lived away from family-17 years now we have been away from everyone we hold dear.  With that being said we are stronger together and apart because we rely on US and no one else.  That is important, and I would not trade it for the world-truly.  It has taught me to be a strong mom, which brings me back to parental involvement.  How involved are you all in your kids lives?  School work checked? Making lunches? Going out for walks, to the zoo? Any sports activities? Ballet?  I grew up playing soccer, doing ballet and I can say that my parents no matter what worked darn hard to pay for these activities and were at every event to watch me do my thing.  Now that I have 3 kids of my own so close in age I realize ten-fold just how hard my parents really tried.  They worked multiple jobs at a time to put food on the table and more to make sure we excelled at other things-other activities.  What a huge Thank you I owe them-truly. I am now a working mommy, we are a working family-we live frugally and save when we can and have cut out a lot of extras to make sure our kids can benefit from things like soccer or ballet.  Being new to this area, and the kids being new to being in preschool full time I wanted them to have something to look forward to outside of school.  The girls wanted ballet and my son wanted baseball.  Sadly we live in a small town, so things are limited and what they do have such as ballet is simply too expensive.  I have been researching for weeks on what I could get them into that they would love.  Soccer!  I love, love soccer-I could coach and watch them learn new skills and be more involved.  I have been feeling like a bit of a zombie as of late trying to get used to a lot of things and life things in general I will say.  I found a soccer league and they will start in February!  I am over the moon thrilled, I will be their coach and my trio will play soccer.  Now S my girly girl was upset she could not wear her ballet shoes but I promised her girly hair bows so she was ok, my tom-boy girl V was thrilled, and my son K was so excited-he has been talking about it for days.  I will be able to share in a new adventure with them, dust off my rusty soccer skills and coach 12 little ones!  This is going to be an adventure-interesting-but most of all time well spent.  My little's are my world and I have been wanting to do more, be more present if that makes any sense.  I need to remember that they still WANT hugs, kisses, cuddles and being around me.  That is a blessing, and something I need to cherish, even when I am exhausted, cranky, cleaning the house, folding Mt. Laundry...Being a mommy never stops, and that is ok! I am blessed beyond measure-God gave me 3 little people who are my best friends, my pals, and my all around blessings.

Love to all-and hug your little ones extra tight. They are blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment