Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Putting yourself back out there~

As a woman who was always extrovert to the 100th power, to who I am now. An introvert-nervous to put myself out there, for fear of being hurt, for fear of losing a friend, fear in general.  Now here is what I ask myself, how in the heck did I get to this point?  I have always been proud of my Air Force career, it brought me so much joy, happiness, learning, and everything in between. I met friends who are life long friends, I met friends who are family, I loved, I lost, and I learned above all else.  I moved more times than I can count in the last 16 years, I have seen so much, yet here I sit a bit lonely.  My family is busy, my kids are about to go to bed, and it is that time of night where I have time to reflect, to ponder if you will.  This woman who is on the brink of 35 is scared to make friends, scared to put myself out there. Why?  Well for several years I let myself get into some habits and ways of life/thinking that I am not proud of and that I have worked damn hard to change.  I am not perfect, and never will be BUT I can learn and I have.  I pushed the ones I love most away, and yet here I sit wanting to call a friend, family member, reach out and cannot. 

I do not make resolutions, I make goals if you will and this goal is simple.  To be ME again.  The person who is not afraid to laugh loud, who has the sense of humor of a 10 year old and that is ok!  The person who loves to dance like "Elaine" on Seinfeld for the hell of it because it makes me laugh.  To quote "Friends" episodes because every major life event can be trickled back to an episode!
True stuff! <3 p="">
This post is simple, I am putting myself out there.
I have met some awesome co-workers. I am trying to re-build some friendships I let fall away when I was at my lowest point and finally I am enjoying being a mom/wife more.  I look for the positive because life...is...too..short! Life is a blessing and I intend on making every day count. 

How do you put yourself back out there?  Meet friends?  Trust others again? 
Thanks to all who read...

Namaste my friends.
~S

3 comments:

  1. Amen girl! Life is too short...I am very cautious with whom I trust, but I think that helps me from getting hurt. Trust is truly earned, and not easily regained if lost. <3 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.
      Sadly I broke trust with a lot of people in my life so not only am I cautious to not get hurt but I have to gain others trust and love back. A difficult battle.

      Delete