Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A catch up of sorts!

It has been almost a month since I blogged! Yup life simply became priority and things like this and a few other things fell to the wayside. 
Life happens!

I have been getting myself used to my job, which never quite seems enough.  This job has been interesting and I will simply leave it at that..... 

Getting my health in order has been priority along with my family, husband, kiddos and I had a total hysterectomy on February 26th.  I did not come to this major surgery decision lightly, I have literally been trying alternatives and researching for years.  I did not want to maybe have surgical induced menopause and all the "fun" that comes with that.  But after some routine tests came back with some abnormal results my Dr. and I had to make some plans and I had to make some decisions.  For several weeks all of the questions, concerns, and general thinking kept me up more nights than I could count but I made the decision.  Hysterectomy it was. Going in last week my Dr. said that if he got in there and saw what we thought would be there, Endometriosis, adhesions, scar tissue, fibroids, to name a few then he would have his work cut out for him.  We went over the "what if's" before I went into surgery and I was as ready as a women can be for something like that.  I woke up in recovery what felt minutes later but was hours, the surgery took somewhere around nearly 2 plus hours and essentially my insides where all covered in scar tissue, adhesions and as luck would have it, it was all adhered to my bladder wall so he basically had to carve everything out.  Repair my bladder and I think he said 100 or so internal stitches perhaps more and 15 staples to close my belly. OUCH! Did I mention Holy crap-THE PAIN! People always have opinions and comments which I am now choosing to ignore for the most part.  "Oh you should be pain free by now!" Or my friend was great after a few days, that's always my favorite.  What I have learned is listen to YOUR own body and do what feels right for you. 

Today is my 9 year anniversary and Jason wanted to get me out of the house so he took me to lunch at the BX on base, it was so nice to get out and enjoy the weather and feel the sun on my face in nearly a week.  By the time I got home I was exhausted, I still cannot drive and am still slow moving, staples come out tomorrow!  HECK YEAH! And I still have another week before my Dr. will even think of letting me back to work, thankfully my job is sedentary for the most part.  I am positive about my decision, I am blessed for the support I have in my life and remember this-always listen to your heart on decisions like this.  Always get second opinions and always research. 
Thank you all for listening to this rambling, some of it "might" be the Percocet talking.

Good night everyone.
Blessings,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. seems snarkiness is going around! hugs!

    ReplyDelete