Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A new chapter!

Life is always throwing us curve balls and things that we must overcome, this entire last weekend I was quiet and sad and hurting in all honesty.  We have moved a lot in the last few years, in 2011 we were in Colorado, then Florida and now New Mexico.  With each move I have left a piece of our family, of myself at these places, that is the best way to explain it.  I know military spouses will understand.  Even active duty military members as we move, we lose friendships, lose things we find familiar, church homes.  You name it.  With that being said when I moved here I have been positive, and still am.  I truly like it here, our home is beautiful, we have met and have friends in some awesome neighbors, and the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE their school.  The twins will be ready for kindergarten this fall 2015, and Lady Violet is beyond her 4 years old.  Depending how the summer goes she will either do Pre-K or go with her siblings and start a new journey-all together! 

Yet I digress...

In November I got a job at a local hospital working in the patient finance department, it was my foot in the door.  It was not my first choice but I was blessed to have a job!  I met awesome co-workers, felt like I could fit in and find my niche'.  Yes it was not always an ideal place to be but lets be honest, what work is always perfect?  Then I found out I had to have a hysterectomy, I knew that day was coming but I was not prepared quite yet.  My supervisor was "not happy" as she put it but it was not as if I was choosing this out of thin air.  Fast forward to February 26th, I had surgery and was home just 2 days later.  Here I am a month later and I feel 100% BETTER!  After surgery some things happened within my work section with regard to my personal health information and sadly I made the choice to give my two week notice.  I had found a better job, pay wise and overall the vibe was wonderful so I took that job.  Well just one week after beginning they said it was time to part ways..?? WHAT? Yes, last Friday was a bad day.  I did not do anything wrong, they simply said it was not a good fit. 

So here I round back to why I have been sad in a sense...I need a job!  All weekend I put in resume after resume and come Monday morning I had several emails, calls, etc. Reaching out for interviews!  God is good, prayer and faith is what has gotten me through a lot these past several months.  My faith is more grounded then I ever thought possible and for me that is wonderful.  In his timing...So tomorrow I have an interview at my local coffee shop that I LOVE wayyy more than Starbuck's, then Friday I have an interview for an office manager position in a medical office in town.  Things are looking up...Always.  What I need to remember when I am tested to the limit or rather what feels like MY limit I need to just have faith and do my best.  I hope that something comes through, I will continue to put my best foot forward and do my BEST.  That is all we can do anyhow...Right? 

I am blessed to have children that are amazing, doing well in soccer , doing well in school and a life that is finally settling down and into a routine.  For this I am happy, and above all...BLESSED.I choose to look at things as a learning tool and a positive situation even if at first glance they may not seem so...I challenge you all to do the same my friends...

Love to you all-
Sarah




1 comment:

  1. definite well wishes on the job front!! Praying something turns up soon!

    ReplyDelete