Sunday, September 6, 2015

September already?

September already?  Seeing Halloween stuff out at the store, costumes, candy, what?  I literally blinked and summer is over.  Albeit still 100 degrees in New Mexico mind you, BUT in theory it is on our way to being Fall.  Fall is my favorite time of year, I can wear sweaters, and scarves, bundle up and go back to cuddles on the back porch watching the night sky.  We have been here in New Mexico almost one year, it will be a year in November.  It has all gone by in a blink, my kids are thriving in school and we are blessed.  I am a preschool teacher currently, and I am lucky enough to have Violet at my school.  She does not quite understand that I am her teacher there among my other students and not just her mommy.  She has to follow directions and see me hugging on other little kiddos, that part has been very difficult in all honesty but it has only been a month so we will give it a little more time for us to adjust, for everyone to get used to change.  Change seems to be the theme in our lives, I blink and my children are growing quickly, I blink and my husbands military obligations are becoming increasingly more frequent.  Change-I miss my career, but here is the weird piece.  What is MY career?  Is it the medical stuff I did while in the Air Force, or the medical stuff I did all those years after my service? Or the Starbuck's job? Or my most recent change yet again, Preschool teacher?  As a mother does our career automatically change without our knowing it?  Is my career at this point in time-Motherhood?  Being a supportive military spouse?  Is my job simply that?  A job?  I think there are things in life that I enjoy BUT my children, my husband-those things come first.  That is ok, at times I miss my medical job, I miss my professional life BUT there are so many more positive things that I am able to add to my life as a result of change. 

Change is good, change is necessary, change helps you grow in so many ways. 

There are several things that I am still trying to change, and for now I will keep those to myself.  I am excited about the future! I will say that much!

Besides CHANGING my hair by chopping 5 inches off I also started a lifestyle/food change. I have been exercising every night, and starting my first real round of the 21 day fix cycle 1 tomorrow.  This week is prep but I am prepped and ready to go!  I have been phasing a lot out of my diet/life, and while sugar is still my biggest battle I am trying!  Shakeology helps curb my need to eat candy, etc. ALL DAY LONG!  The one great thing about my current job is that I do not have time to sit and think about food, my students keep me on my toes and then 9 hours later I head home to my own busy kiddos who ALSO keep me on my toes.  Too busy to think about snacks and food? WIN!

As I sit here at the end of another busy weekend, I am tired, I am beat, BUT I am blessed.  I have three children who love me and J so much.  They are all over us all the time-and for that I cannot complain.  They still love us, someday I will not have that so for now I am loving and enjoying every moment.  Labor Day is tomorrow and we will more than likely spend it at the base pool soaking up the last day of a pool open!  I will make us a picnic and simply enjoy our family time, and then prepare for another busy week. 

I am trying to enjoy more, complain less and make the most of all situations. 
Love and light to all~
S

No comments:

Post a Comment